The Woodlands and Houston Cosmetic Dentist - Dr. Guy M. Lewis
The dentist you choose to enhance your smile can make all the difference in the results you attain. Experience, dedication, and skill all matter, but it also takes an artistic eye to create a smile that perfectly complements a person's facial features and personality. Dr. Guy M. Lewis is recognized throughout the world by peers and patients alike as a pioneer in cosmetic dentistry. He stays at the forefront of dental technique and technology in order to deliver to his patients the best that dentistry has to offer. For Dr. Lewis, dentistry is a passion and represents a lifelong commitment to his patients.
People travel from across the globe to Dr. Guy M. Lewis' practice in The Woodlands, near Houston, to be treated by a cosmetic dentist with exceptional skill in transforming smiles.
Dr. Lewis' Credentials at a Glance
- Founding and Accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
- Nominated and elected by a group of his peers to be in the book Best Dentists in America.
- Named a "Super Dentist" by TexasMonthly magazine for four years, and named a "Top Doc" for seven years in a row by H Texas magazine.
- Created his own brand of non-prep porcelain veneers: G. Lewis Veneers.
- Official cosmetic dentist for the Houston Rockets and Rocket Powerdancers, the Houston Astros, the Houston Aeros, and for several pageants including Miss Texas, Miss Teen Texas, and Miss Hawaiian Tropic.
- Created the winning smiles of Olympic gold medalists, TV personalities, actors, models, rock stars, and elected officials.
- One of only a handful of Texas cosmetic dentists to receive fellowship in the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics.
- Adjunct professor of dentistry at Baylor College of Dentistry.
- Featured speaker at annual AACD conventions.
Education and Experience
Dr. Lewis has been interested in the field of dentistry since childhood, when he was inspired by his aunt who worked at a dental office. He saw how much quality dental care improved people's lives and knew he wanted to become a dentist and open his own practice one day.
In 1984, he earned a Doctor of Dentistry from Baylor College of Dentistry, the same year he co-founded the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry with other internationally renowned dentists. At the time, cosmetics was just becoming a specialized area of dentistry as it began to grow from the use of orthodontic appliances to improve the appearance of smiles into the use of porcelain restorations and other new advancements for cosmetic enhancements. In 1998, Dr. Lewis became accredited by the AACD, the youngest cosmetic dentist to ever do so.
Over the years, Dr. Lewis has enhanced the smiles of many people who are in the public eye, including Miss Texas 2005, Morgan Matlock, and Olympic gold medalists Laura Wilkinson, Dominique Moceanu, and Shannon Miller. He has also enhanced the smiles of musicians, public officials, and everyday people who just want to look and feel their best.
In addition to being one of the founding accredited members of the AACD, Dr. Lewis is also a member of the Texas Dental Association and the American Dental Association. He is also a fellow of the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics.
Dr. Lewis enjoys giving back to the community and has been involved with many charitable projects during the years. He has volunteered his cosmetic dentist services for the Give Back a Smile program and Houston Makeover. Every December, Dr. Lewis donates proceeds from teeth whitening procedures to the Be an Angel Fund. Visit our charities and community involvement page to learn more about how Dr. Lewis and the staff at the Texas Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry give back to the community.